Re: Texas QSO Party #Contest

Marty Meyers

Dear Club Members,

If you are feeling a little adventurous and can spare the time for the Texas QSO Party here is a list of counties that were inactive during the 2018 running of the contest. Those with an asterisk (*) were also inactive during the 2017 contest. It would be great to see our club members put a dent in a few of these if possible. A better format of this data along with a map can be found on page 25 of this report: http://www.txqp.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=174 You should also be able to view the map here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1m2-nW-xKxpFCVC44OWNoIlL3pweczAyP&ll=30.917099727399396%2C-100.08102650000001&z=6

Inactive Counties - 2018 Aransas* Fannin Lipscomb Refugio* Austin Floyd Llano Roberts Castro Gray Mason Runnels Chambers* Grimes Matagorda* Sherman Coleman Grayson Maverick* San Patricio* Colorado Hale McCulloch San Saba Concho Hansford Menard Val Verde* Cooke Hartley Moore Ward Cottle Hemphill Motley Webb* Crane Hood* Ochiltree Wheeler Dallam Hutchinson Oldham Winkler Dimmit Jasper Orange* Zavala Deaf Smith Johnson* Parmer Erath* Kendall Reeves* *

For those of you just north of town in Kendall county (KD3VK I'm looking at you!) please spend a bit of time playing radio or encourage others in the KARS club to do so.

I had a short email chat with Chuck Sanders NO5W and he said that 2017 and 2018 were two of their poorest years as far as number of counties on the air. If you happen to know hams that live near these "dead spots" please let them know about the contest. Even if they get on for an hour or two that would be an improvement!

Let me know if you have any questions.

W5MRM