TXQP at SAMSAT

Tom O'Brien

We were actually able to make one contact from the W5SC station at SAMSAT yesterday. It was on one of the local repeaters, on UHF.
Antenna was a thru-glass VHF/UHF whip. The HF antenna is a Cushcraft R-5 on the roof of the SAMSAT building at 102 Mabry Drive. The coax run(s) to the roof are in work. Yesterday was base-building and antenna checking day, with a little conduit work as well.

We didn't log or count the contact, but we did take some "proof-of-life" photos.

We also demonstrated and explained ham radio to a few museum guests.

Sincerely,
Tom O'Brien
San Antonio, Texas