Texas QSO Party 2017

Marty Meyers

Dear Club Members,

As you know the Texas QSO party for 2017 will be held later this month. This is a contest that the club has traditionally worked both from the club station as well as mobile.

Dates for the event are as follows:

Saturday, September 23rd 1400Z - Sunday, September 24th 0200Z (Saturday 9AM - 9PM Central)

Sunday, September 24th 1400Z - 2000Z (Sunday 9AM - 3PM Central)

I would like to start planning our operations for this event. If you are able, please consider spending some time with the group at the club station. I would like to run a sideband, cw, and digital operation to maximize points.

If you are available to work this contest please let me know if:

1. You would like to work the contest from the club station.

2. You would like to work the contest mobile.

If you have friends from other clubs or just from around the area that would like to participate in this contest please let me know that as well. We have had members of the KARS club from the Boerne area participate in the past and we all had a great experience.

I have the equipment to setup an outdoor “courtesy tent” members can bring their favorite lawn chair and use this area to take breaks away from the action. I will plan on bringing a cooler with drinks as well as some snacks. It would be great to have a barbecue in conjunction with this but that will depend fully on the amount of participation we have.

Mark your calendars and let me know if you can make it.

W5MRM