Re: Special Event

Tom O'Brien

Cray, Marty, and all,

1. It's true that there is a Centennial Committee in the SA Radio Club.  Not much activity, but some interested people.  The lack of activity is on my head, and I will try to get some momentum to replace the inertia.
2. There is a nifty Pavilion on the Alamo Plaza that was put there during the US Bicentennial.  It would be great for a Special Event Station, but I think it will be gone soon.
3. I am interested in whatever is known about the Alamo DX Amigos - sounds like an interesting bunch.  Who knows about them (Obie, Walt, others}?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sep 5, 2017 1:45 PM
To: "STXDXCC@..."
Subject: Re: [STXDXCC] Special Event

San Antonio Radio Club is planning on a San Antonio Centennial activity and has a committee working on it  There were issues with cost, location, and availability for the Alamo but the committee is continuing to investigate for that and other appropriate locations for a Centennial  celebration activity.  I think Tom is heading up  the Centennial committee.

Cray / K5MUG

On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 10:42 AM, "Marty Meyers martyrmeyers@... [STXDXCC]" wrote:

Thanks Obie! I believe that was the event that you and Tom were looking into for an operation from the Alamo Plaza or at least near by. That may be a good one to look into.

Marty
W5MRM

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 9:43 AM, OBIE D WEATHERS JR n5vys@... [STXDXCC] <STXDXCC@...> wrote:

Good morning Gary, we did once. But not as STXDXCC, but as the Alamo DX Amigo's. The Club that STXDXCC was birth from.
I had mention, in an earlier post about the 300th year anniversary of San Antonio celebration...I know you don't live in SA, but it was a thought?
73, Obie N5VYS

On 9/5/2017 9:10 AM, n5baa@... [STXDXCC] wrote:

Has the club ever thought about sponsoring a Special Event Station??  As an example, Dec 21-27 2018 is the 50th anniversary of Apollo 8 taking Borman, Lovall, and Anders to the moon and back.  That's an event ready made for a special event station.

Gary J
N5BAA

altVirus-free. www.avast.com

Sincerely,
Tom O'Brien
San Antonio, Texas

Join STXDXCC@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.