Topics

Mirowitz Center new virtual programming!

Susan Kemppainen

As the Mirowitz Center continues to follow CDC and St. Louis County social distancing recommendations, I’m pleased to tell you we are introducing several no-cost presentations, via Zoom or phone! You can register online at https://schedulesplus.com/covplace/kiosk/dspschedules.do, call 314-733-9813 or reply to my email. We have lots of new virtual programming, so please take a look at our upcoming events and spread the word! I’m listing a few below I believe might be of interest to this group. Thanks!

Dates

Wed 7/01/20 10:00am to 11:00am

No cost

Different Perspectives on the Anti-BDS Bill

Pre-registration required

Learn from Karen Aroesty, ADL Regional Director, in an informative and interactive Zoom presentation about the different perspectives on the Anti-BDS Bill recently approved by the Missouri Legislature. Registrants will be sent information to join via Zoom video or by phone. Need help using Zoom? Contact Judithe Oliver at 314-733-9813 or email joliver@.... Zoom presentations can be viewed on a desktop, laptop, iPad or smart phone.

Dates

Wed 7/08/20 10:00am to 11:00am

No cost

Hail Hail to U City High

Pre-registration required

Join local author Alan Spector as he discusses his books Hail Hail to U City High: A Boomer High School Class – Then, Now and Next and University City Schools: our First Hundred Years. This free Zoom presentation, brought to you by the Mirowitz Center, will invite reminiscences about University City High School over the years and discuss what made this school and its students so memorable. Registrants will be sent information to join via Zoom video or by phone. Need help using Zoom? Contact Judithe Oliver at 314-733-9813 or email joliver@.... Zoom presentations can be viewed on a desktop, laptop, iPad or smart phone.

Dates

Wed 7/15/20 10:00am to 11:00am

No cost

The Changing Political Landscape

Pre-registration required

The Mirowitz Center is proud to present a free Zoom presentation featuring David Winton. David is the Founder and President of Winton Policy Group, a Missouri-based lobbying and government relations firm, who has represented the Jewish Federation of St. Louis in a lobbying and consulting capacity since 1994. He will be speaking about the changing political landscape in which we now find ourselves. Registrants will be sent information to join via Zoom video or by phone. Need help using Zoom? Contact Judithe Oliver at 314-733-9813 or email joliver@.... Zoom presentations can be viewed on a desktop, laptop, iPad or mart phone.

Dates

Thursday 7/23/20 10:00am to 11:00am

No cost

Reflections and Insights of a Police Chaplain

Pre-registration required

The Mirowitz Center is pleased to present Rabbi Mark L. Shook, Rabbi Emeritus of Temple Israel and the Coordinating Chaplain of the St. Louis County Police Chaplaincy, in a free Zoom presentation, as he shares his insights working with St. Louis County Police Officers and responding to the recent civil unrest. You won't want to miss this timely topic! Registrants will be sent information to join via Zoom video or by phone. Need help using Zoom? Contact Judithe Oliver at 314-733-9813 or email joliver@.... Zoom presentations can be viewed on a desktop, laptop, iPad or smart phone.

Susan Kemppainen

VOLUNTEER/ACTIVITY PROGRAM COORDINATOR

MIROWITZ CENTER AT COVENANT PLACE

314-432-1610, ext. 1112   OFFICE