Long-Acres Farm, Market in the Loop

Karen Zeffren

We are so sad to learn of the passing of Jim Schneider, long-time owner of Long Acres Farm (aka Market in the Loop). He was 59 years old and died after a brief illness.

His funeral will take place at Alexander Funeral Home, (I think it's Alexander-White-Mullen), 11101 St. Charles Rock Rd, at the corner of Lindbergh, this Thursday, 5/30. Visitation will be from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m., with the funeral service immediately following.

I spoke to Debbie today, and asked what we could do for his family, and she, of course, told me that other than asking for your patience and letting you know that they'll be

                                                                  closed this week, but will re-open next week,

really nothing else is necessary.

However, since so many of us in the Jewish Community have been loyal customers of the Schneider family for decades, I know that people will want to get together and do some kindness for them. Having spoken to Debbie, I can only suggest gift cards for restaurants, grocery stores with prepared foods, etc. that they can use whenever they are needed. She also wanted people to know that "Jim loved all of you guys" and that they all have greatly appreciated our business.

Karen Zeffren

Join STLJCL@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.