Topics

Struggling to learn CW

V Zecchinelli

Just thought I would throw this out there.  I am sure the moderator will let me know if this is inappropriate.
As an old fogie struggling to learn CW (good for young fogies as well I suppose) I came across a DIY Morse Code Tutor that thus far is proving helpful.  You have full control over RX and TX speeds as well as Koch or Farnsworth.  I used the STM32 MCU which has an SD card slot where you can add text files with letters/numbers you are struggling with as extra practice or even add a book.  The documentation provided by W8BH is very impressive.  http://w8bh.net/MorseTutor1.pdf

73 Vince N1VIN

Jason Garneau

Hi Vince,

Thank you for the suggestion! I took the CW Academy's CWOps course this last winter and it helped me a ton. Unfortunately, life got in the way so I am probably back to square one again at this point.  Anyway, I figured I'd pass this link along too - their course is totally free: https://cwops.org/cw-academy/

73,
Jason / K1LOL

V Zecchinelli

Thanks Jason.  Just signed up.