Topics

[RANV] Weather Sat bits and bobs for sale

Bob DeVarney

For those who are interested, the first two tiers (NOAA and Meteor) can be received with a simple ground plane antenna you probably already own (think your 2 meter antenna) and a simple RTL-SDR dongle. You won't get crystal clear imagery from horizon to horizon, but you will get good enough results to probably make you want to get a preamp and maybe build an antenna just for weather sat stuff.

Tutorials here:

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-tutorial-receiving-noaa-weather-satellite-images/

http://happysat.nl/Setup_Meteor/Setup.html

And my offer stands to do a club presentation at some point.

On 11/10/2019 8:56 AM, Bob DeVarney wrote:

Items have been sold.

On 11/9/2019 1:40 PM, Bob DeVarney W1ICW wrote:

Hi All,

for the past month+ I have been upgrading my weather satellite station. Previously I have used an Icom PCR-1000 to receive the NOAA polar orbiting satellites at 137 MHz (NOAAs 15, 18, and 19) and copy their APT format weather pictures.