Subject: Re: [NEDECN] ISS to Earth QSO, Thursday 12/5
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 13:23:19 -0500
From: Bill Barber <ne1b.c6awb@...>
To: n1esk2@..., NEDECN - New England Dig. <nedecn@...>

CORRECTION on Time.  1 hour earlier at 12:55 PM on Thursday!
Thanks to David for catching this!
NARS website has been corrected.

73,
Bill, NE1B

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 11:04 AM <n1esk2@...> wrote:

Bill,

Hello from sunny eastern Tennessee. I copied your email regarding the kids at Council Rock HS ISS to Earth QSO. I double checked the ARISS schedule and found the contact should begin at 17:56:31 UTC. This works out to 12:55 EST, not 13:55. I confirmed this with SATPC32. Please double check my math, but I think your announcement may be off by an hour.

We have set up a satellite ground station at the Robertsville Middle School in Oak Ridge, TN to assist their STEM students in their plans to build and launch a picosatellite next October. Construction is underway on their bird, known as RAMSAT. The flight has been manifested. https://www.wvlt.tv/video?vid=558683522 .

We hope to have the station operational, aligned, and synched up with the components in time for this pass.

Be well,

David Andrews, N1ESK