Date   
Test

Arn Benjamin
 

Interested to see how much this will be used! 
73 Arn-N1ARN

Re: Test

Jason Garneau
 

Testing the "reply back" feature from my email.

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 11:09 AM, Arn Benjamin via Groups.Io <n1arn@...> wrote:
Interested to see how much this will be used! 
73 Arn-N1ARN


Re: Test

Jamie Dennis
 

Seems to be working.


Testing of chat feature. #chat

Jason Garneau
 

A new chat has been created:

Testing of chat feature.

View/Join This Chat

Test topic

Jason Garneau
 

Testing emailing the group.

73,
Jason / K1LOL

Re: Test topic

n1fbz
 

FBZ got the message.

73 de N1FBZ


On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 9:28 AM Jason Garneau <jgarneau@...> wrote:
Testing emailing the group.

73,
Jason / K1LOL



--
------------------------------------------------------------
         Michael F. Gladu
         61 Vermont Avenue Apt 100
         Colchester, VT  05446
        mobile: 973.222.2319
        mailto:mgladu@...
    Amateur Radio Callsign - N1FBZ
     Click here to track my location:
http://aprs.fi/?call=N1FBZ-9&mt=m&z=11&timerange=86400
------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Test topic

Arn Benjamin
 

Yup its working.
73 All 
Arn-N1ARN 


On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:47 PM, n1fbz
<mgladu@...> wrote:
FBZ got the message.

73 de N1FBZ


On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 9:28 AM Jason Garneau <jgarneau@...> wrote:
Testing emailing the group.

73,
Jason / K1LOL



--
------------------------------------------------------------
         Michael F. Gladu
         61 Vermont Avenue Apt 100
         Colchester, VT  05446
        mobile: 973.222.2319
        mailto:mgladu@...
    Amateur Radio Callsign - N1FBZ
     Click here to track my location:
http://aprs.fi/?call=N1FBZ-9&mt=m&z=11&timerange=86400
------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Test topic

Jamie Dennis
 

I got it too


On Wed, Oct 30, 2019, 9:28 AM Jason Garneau <jgarneau@...> wrote:
Testing emailing the group.

73,
Jason / K1LOL

Struggling to learn CW

V Zecchinelli
 

Just thought I would throw this out there.  I am sure the moderator will let me know if this is inappropriate.
As an old fogie struggling to learn CW (good for young fogies as well I suppose) I came across a DIY Morse Code Tutor that thus far is proving helpful.  You have full control over RX and TX speeds as well as Koch or Farnsworth.  I used the STM32 MCU which has an SD card slot where you can add text files with letters/numbers you are struggling with as extra practice or even add a book.  The documentation provided by W8BH is very impressive.  http://w8bh.net/MorseTutor1.pdf

73 Vince N1VIN

Re: Test topic

V Zecchinelli
 

Super idea!  Especially nice for those of us who can't be as active as we would like.

Vince N1VIN

Re: Struggling to learn CW

Jason Garneau
 

Hi Vince,

Thank you for the suggestion! I took the CW Academy's CWOps course this last winter and it helped me a ton. Unfortunately, life got in the way so I am probably back to square one again at this point.  Anyway, I figured I'd pass this link along too - their course is totally free: https://cwops.org/cw-academy/

73,
Jason / K1LOL

Re: Struggling to learn CW

V Zecchinelli
 

Thanks Jason.  Just signed up.

On 10/31/2019 7:57 AM, Jason Garneau wrote:
Hi Vince,

Thank you for the suggestion! I took the CW Academy's CWOps course this last winter and it helped me a ton. Unfortunately, life got in the way so I am probably back to square one again at this point.  Anyway, I figured I'd pass this link along too - their course is totally free: https://cwops.org/cw-academy/

73,
Jason / K1LOL

Weather Sat bits and bobs for sale

Bob DeVarney
 

Hi All,

for the past month+ I have been upgrading my weather satellite station. Previously I have used an Icom PCR-1000 to receive the NOAA polar orbiting satellites at 137 MHz (NOAAs 15, 18, and 19) and copy their APT format weather pictures.
Recently I have begun using an SDR-based receiver to receive not only them, but also the Russian Meteor satellites, also at 137 MHz, ( Meteor M2 and Meteor M2-2) which provide even more interesting imagery. It's like the difference between analog TV and HD.

And a few weeks ago I graduated to copying imagery from the geostationary GOES-16 satellite at 1.7 GHz which has been REALLY stunning.

Along the way I have accumulated some extra pieces that are now surplus to my needs. In fact, I have enough that if you add your own SDR receiver, a simple antenna for 137 MHz, some software, and some coax and a few adapters, you can be "on the air" with a working station.

SO I offer the following package:

Hanatek 24 dB grid dish optimized for use at 1.7 GHz and elevation preset for GOES-16  ($60 new)

DownEast Microwave VHFLNACK built and tested at 137 MHz  ($55 new)

NooElec SawBird+ preamp for 1.7 GHz  ($40 new)


Asking $75 for the package.

Please contact me at w1icw at myfairpoint dot net

P.S. I would also be available to do this as a presentation for a club meeting.

73, Bob W1ICW

-- 
Some people bring happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
~Oscar Wilde~

Re: Weather Sat bits and bobs for sale

Bob DeVarney
 

Items have been sold.

On 11/9/2019 1:40 PM, Bob DeVarney W1ICW wrote:

Hi All,

for the past month+ I have been upgrading my weather satellite station. Previously I have used an Icom PCR-1000 to receive the NOAA polar orbiting satellites at 137 MHz (NOAAs 15, 18, and 19) and copy their APT format weather pictures.
Recently I have begun using an SDR-based receiver to receive not only them, but also the Russian Meteor satellites, also at 137 MHz, ( Meteor M2 and Meteor M2-2) which provide even more interesting imagery. It's like the difference between analog TV and HD.

And a few weeks ago I graduated to copying imagery from the geostationary GOES-16 satellite at 1.7 GHz which has been REALLY stunning.

Along the way I have accumulated some extra pieces that are now surplus to my needs. In fact, I have enough that if you add your own SDR receiver, a simple antenna for 137 MHz, some software, and some coax and a few adapters, you can be "on the air" with a working station.

SO I offer the following package:

Hanatek 24 dB grid dish optimized for use at 1.7 GHz and elevation preset for GOES-16  ($60 new)

DownEast Microwave VHFLNACK built and tested at 137 MHz  ($55 new)

NooElec SawBird+ preamp for 1.7 GHz  ($40 new)


Asking $75 for the package.

Please contact me at w1icw at myfairpoint dot net

P.S. I would also be available to do this as a presentation for a club meeting.

73, Bob W1ICW

-- 
Some people bring happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
~Oscar Wilde~
-- 
Some people bring happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
~Oscar Wilde~

Re: [RANV] Weather Sat bits and bobs for sale

Bob DeVarney
 

For those who are interested, the first two tiers (NOAA and Meteor) can be received with a simple ground plane antenna you probably already own (think your 2 meter antenna) and a simple RTL-SDR dongle. You won't get crystal clear imagery from horizon to horizon, but you will get good enough results to probably make you want to get a preamp and maybe build an antenna just for weather sat stuff.

Tutorials here:

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-tutorial-receiving-noaa-weather-satellite-images/

http://happysat.nl/Setup_Meteor/Setup.html

And my offer stands to do a club presentation at some point.

On 11/10/2019 8:56 AM, Bob DeVarney wrote:

Items have been sold.

On 11/9/2019 1:40 PM, Bob DeVarney W1ICW wrote:

Hi All,

for the past month+ I have been upgrading my weather satellite station. Previously I have used an Icom PCR-1000 to receive the NOAA polar orbiting satellites at 137 MHz (NOAAs 15, 18, and 19) and copy their APT format weather pictures.

QST QST QST - ARRL VE Test Session - November 16, 2019

n1fbz
 

QST QST QST - ARRL VE Test Session - November 16, 2019

This is a QST.

The Northwestern Vermont ARRL VE Team has scheduled the following Amateur Radio Exam session, right here in Franklin county:

Date: Saturday, November 16, 2019

Time: 9:00am

Location: North Western Medical Center (NMC)

Conference Room 3 (follow signs to the Conference Center / East Entrance): 133 Fairfield St St. Albans, VT 05478

Please feel free to contact Eric J. Lessard with any questions at either lessarderic29@... or 802-497-9000

73 de STARC