shameless promotion-- meeting presentation-- or what I did with my late summer

Bob DeVarney

I know it's a bit short notice; I meant to put this out yesterday.

Tomorrow I will be presenting a program on receiving the Weather Satellites at the January RANV meeting at The Wheeler House at 1100 Dorset Street in South Burlington. This marks a change from the regular meeting time and night for RANV; a change they are trying for the winter months in response to survey results regarding folks not wanting to drive in poor weather or after dark.

In the presentation, I'll be covering the nuts and volts of receiving the NOAA, Russian Meteor, and GOES geostationary satellites-- what's required from antenna to computer software and everything in between. I'll also be showing some of the typical results you can expect to see from your own station should you decide to do a similar station of your own.

The RANV meeting is at 1 PM at The Wheeler House at 1100 Dorset Street in South Burlington. Hope to see you there!

73 de W1ICW

--
Some people bring happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
~Oscar Wilde~

Join STARC@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.