June 2018 Sierra Narrow Gauge Conference

Dennis Burke

Our 2nd Sierra Narrow Gauge Conference

June 7-11, 2018

Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum

Nevada City Ca.

Hosted by the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum

and co-hosted by the

Southern Pacific Narrow Gauge Historical Society Inc.

It's time to sign up for our 4 day conference to explore the Narrow Gauge lines that once roamed the high ranges and lower foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains through presentations by some of the most noted historians on this topic as well as hands on narrow gauge equipment.

We will have steam, 2 rail cars, and a West Side Plymouth activity, rides, and switching in the yard and you will even get an opportunity to ride in one of 3 restored West Side Caboose's.

Presentations will cover the locations, equipment, history, and people that kept it all on track and will be held in the NCNGRR Restoration Shop.

Just a few of the presentations topics:

Several on the West Side Lumber

Several on the Lake Tahoe Railroads

Several on the Nevada County Narrow Gauge

Stanislaus Railway

Logging Trestle Construction

Lumber Flumes

Verdi Lumber Company

Sierra Valleys Railway

Modeling Narrow Gauge and much more........

Bring your models to share.

Friday, June 8th, will be West Side Lumber Co. day with railroad activity and all West Side presentations and our West Side Tri Tip & Chicken restoration BBQ on the museum grounds.

Limited to 130 people. During our last SNG Conference in 2013 we had 142 attendees so register early.

You may obtain a conference registration form from spnghs.org, or www.ncngrrmuseum.org or www.pacificng.org

Also check out the museum and it's long list of equipment at www.ncngrrmuseum.org

Check out the registration form for accommodations that have been blocked at a discounted rate for attendees.

All proceed from the conference goes towards research and restoration of narrow gauge equipment.

For more information please contact Dennis Burke at spngoffice@... or 707-262-1824.

Thank you,

Dennis Burke,

Lakeport, Ca