Agnew Deport Roof Fund

John

The SPCRR Agnew Depot is in need of a new roof, there is a Go Fund Me campaign started for those interested to help out.  The message below was posted on the RYPN and perhaps SPCRR fans might like to help out as well.  A number of SPCRR stations / buildings survive, this one  hosing a model railroad.

Just north of this station, the Lick branch ran over to the hospital (spur) and out to Lick Mill (next to the river (creek)).  This was one of the horse drawn lines.  The local Agnew Hospital Museum has a map hanging on display that shows the branch in detail with the spur into the former hospital grounds.

FYI

John

All,

The Agnew Depot in Santa Clara, CA needs help. It was built in 1877 for the (narrow gauge) South Pacific Coast Railroad. Around 1900, the railroad and the depot were acquired by the Southern Pacific, which standard gauged the line. The depot has been home to the California Central Model Railroad Club since 1963.

The building has some major issues to address, but the roof is the most serious and I have put together a Gofundme page to help raise funds for a new roof. We'll soon have a link on our web site, but for now the direct link to the Gofundme page is https://www.gofundme.com/2dagf5ku. By the way, we are a tax exempt, charitable organization under IRS Code 501(c)(3).

Be sure to check out our web site at http://www.calcentralmrc.org.

Thank you for reading this post and for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Sincerely,

Wayne Cohen
President, California Central Model Railroad Club

Click here to support Agnew Depot Roof/Building Repairs by Wayne Cohen

Join SPCRR@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.