Re: SPC 81319 boxcar?

randyhees

I have never seen a good list, but SP did letter (at least reporting marks) standard gauge cars for SPC... there are apparently some log cars, and of course, a number of the SP standard gauge "Red Electric" street cars were sub lettered SPC...

Randy

On 29 Jul 2016 09:24:58 -0700

"rwbowdidge@... [spcrr]" wrote:

There's a bunch of auctions on eBay for some 1920's glass plate photos of commercial and railroad scenes. This one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/172272768877?dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F172272768877 http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/172272768877?dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F172272768877

says it's a South Pacific Coast boxcar being loaded at the "Oakland Shed"

The wheels and grab irons look scaled correctly for a narrow gauge car, but the "SPC 81319" reporting marks seem odd - I would have assumed the SPC stayed with its system of low numbered freight cars.

Has anyone else ever seen 5 digit car numbers on an SPC car?

Robert

Join SPCRR@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.