Topics

Your backup system saved me again

ART SEARLE

Hi Ron,

Thank you again for your great software and the backup system you've included in it. I was able to recover QSOs that I deleted from my master SKCC Log.  I only keep SKCC member QSOs in that log. I save all the "NONE" members to an adi file and import them to my DXLab DXKeeper log.  I inadvertently overwrote that file before importing into DXKeeper. I was able to go back to your automatic backup files and find one that was before I deleted the NONEs. Most simple backup programs cannot do that because they overwrite past backups.

I decided to post this to say thank you and remind other users that this feature exists. I assume your system backs up a log with a unique (time stamp) name every time the log is saved and only keeps the last 50 backups so as not to overload the disk drive.

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx5

Curt WA2JSG

Art,
Don't feel bad... that backup program saved my neck a couple times too. (hi hi)
Curt WA2JSG NJ

Bill Ellis

Hey Art,

I had to use the backup awhile back . I almost lost my log, too. Great tool.

73's

Bill, WB9CAC