Topics

Total K3Y Ops I worked.

ART SEARLE

Hey Ron,

Is there a way to determine the number of unique callsighs in a K3Y Ops log, other than using the Brag count. I ask because I'm trying to isolate the number of unique K3Y callsighs I've worked to match the number of K3Y Ops I've worked.  The Brag is a lot higher number than the K3Y page is giving me.

What am I missing?

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4  Tx8. +978  22 to Sx 5
Begali Signature Swing

Rocky Weeks

I've been logging my K3Y contacts in my QRV log and in the comments noting the K3Y/#, Call Sign and SKCC#...I also log in under CallSign and note the K3Y/#.  
In doing so I can chase a K3Y call and it will list out all of them and the particular call sign will be in the notes...might not be the easiest but it works for me.

Gud Luck

SENT FROM MY IPAD MINI
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29B
Arkansas Trappers Assoc.
South Western Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29A

On Jan 17, 2017, at 21:45, ART SEARLE w2nra@... [SKCCLogger] <SKCCLogger@...> wrote:

Hey Ron,

Is there a way to determine the number of unique callsighs in a K3Y Ops log, other than using the Brag count. I ask because I'm trying to isolate the number of unique K3Y callsighs I've worked to match the number of K3Y Ops I've worked.  The Brag is a lot higher number than the K3Y page is giving me.

What am I missing?

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4  Tx8. +978  22 to Sx 5
Begali Signature Swing

Ron Bower <AC2C@...>

GM Art -

I'm not sure how Drew computes the number of K3Y operators logged.

You might export your log to Excel and see if you can manipulate the data in a spreadsheet.

Ron

Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:46 PM
To: SKCCLogger@...
Subject: [SKCCLogger] Total K3Y Ops I worked.

Hey Ron,

Is there a way to determine the number of unique callsighs in a K3Y Ops log, other than using the Brag count. I ask because I'm trying to isolate the number of unique K3Y callsighs I've worked to match the number of K3Y Ops I've worked. The Brag is a lot higher number than the K3Y page is giving me.

What am I missing?

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4 Tx8. +978 22 to Sx 5
Begali Signature Swing

Rick Arzadon

Art,

This may help a bit.

Also skcc_skimmer version 4.0 shows a similar chart.
But where the X's are shown above, 4.0 shows the sctual OP Callsign

73, Rick - N8XI

ART SEARLE

Hi Ron,

First, I have to thank you so much for the backup feature you have built into SKCC Logger.  I had an incident yesterday which I'm sure was operator error.  At the start of my yesterday's K3Y/2 stint I think I hit "File/Start New" instead of "File/Open Existing" and blanked my whole log.  Your backup and recovery feature got everything back except 2 QSOs and I was able to get those from the file I sent to the K3Y page.

To your spreadsheet response to my question - Yes, that's what I did.  I got confusing results.  I had 88 unique K3Y Op callsign.  In the Cs, Ts and Ss section of SKCC Logger there were 2 Cs + 34 Ts + 52 Ss which equals 88.  But there was also 2 Ops who didn't have C, T or S.  That's a discrepancy of 2.  I even ran the SKCC numbers tool on the K3Y Op log and no difference.  Still 2 off.  Anyway . . . not important.

I just thought I'd ask if there was an easier way.
73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4 

On Jan 18, 2017, at 09:17 AM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]" wrote:

GM Art -

You might export your log to Excel and see if you can manipulate the data in a spreadsheet.

Ron

Hey Ron,

Is there a way to determine the number of unique callsighs in a K3Y Ops log, other than using the Brag count. I ask because I'm trying to isolate the number of unique K3Y callsighs I've worked to match the number of K3Y Ops I've worked. The Brag is a lot higher number than the K3Y page is giving me.

What am I missing?

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
Begali Signature Swing

Ron Bower <AC2C@...>

Art –

When looking at the C/T/S “Sprint Statistics” in the lower right corner, ALWAYS keep in mind that they are “Sprint Statistics”.  Logging the same C. T, or S on multiple bands counts as multiple QSOs in Sprints, but they are NOT Unique members for Brag or award submissions.

Ron

Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: [SKCCLogger] Total K3Y Ops I worked.

Hi Ron,

First, I have to thank you so much for the backup feature you have built into SKCC Logger.  I had an incident yesterday which I'm sure was operator error.  At the start of my yesterday's K3Y/2 stint I think I hit "File/Start New" instead of "File/Open Existing" and blanked my whole log.  Your backup and recovery feature got everything back except 2 QSOs and I was able to get those from the file I sent to the K3Y page.

To your spreadsheet response to my question - Yes, that's what I did.  I got confusing results.  I had 88 unique K3Y Op callsign.  In the Cs, Ts and Ss section of SKCC Logger there were 2 Cs + 34 Ts + 52 Ss which equals 88.  But there was also 2 Ops who didn't have C, T or S.  That's a discrepancy of 2.  I even ran the SKCC numbers tool on the K3Y Op log and no difference.  Still 2 off.  Anyway . . . not important.

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4 

On Jan 18, 2017, at 09:17 AM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]" <SKCCLogger@...> wrote:

GM Art -

Ron

Hey Ron,

What am I missing?

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
Begali Signature Swing

ART SEARLE

Hi Rick,

That's the Band Slots page.  I'm looking for a way t tally all the different K3Y operators and using SKCC Logger to do so.  You can see this number if you go to the "K3Y Statistics" page and select "Participant Standings" and scroll down to the "K3Y Operators Worked" section and look for your call.
73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4

On Jan 18, 2017, at 11:25 AM, "Rick Arzadon n8xi_1@... [SKCCLogger]" wrote:

Art,

This may help a bit.

Also skcc_skimmer version 4.0 shows a similar chart.
But where the X's are shown above, 4.0 shows the sctual OP Callsign

73, Rick - N8XI

ART SEARLE

Hi Ron,

I think you mean to say that "when looking at te C/T/S "Sprint Statistics" in the lower right corner, Always keep n mind that they are "Sprint Statistics".  Logging the same C,T, or S on multiple bands ONLY count ONCE.  Because that is what the software displays.  I tested it with 2 QSOs, same callsign, different bands and S only showed 1 in lower right corner.  And that works for me.  All I have to do is add the CTSs and then manually add the number of non-CTS operators to get the total unique K3Y operators.  Right?

73, Art, W2NRA

On Jan 18, 2017, at 11:30 AM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]" wrote:

Art –

When looking at the C/T/S “Sprint Statistics” in the lower right corner, ALWAYS keep in mind that they are “Sprint Statistics”.  Logging the same C. T, or S on multiple bands counts as multiple QSOs in Sprints, but they are NOT Unique members for Brag or award submissions.

Ron

Hi Ron,

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4 

On Jan 18, 2017, at 09:17 AM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]" <SKCCLogger@...> wrote:

GM Art -

Ron

Hey Ron,

What am I missing?

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
Begali Signature Swing

Ron Bower <AC2C@...>

Art -

I'm honestly unsure at this time - I simply have too many things juggling here.

I believe you are correct, Sprint statistics let you count QSOs with the same member on different bands but you can count the C, T, or S only once.

How much of a difference are you seeing between your numbers in the logger and the numbers posted in the Participant statistics on the K3Y page ?

In my case, I'm see 40-49 on the K3Y Page with C/T/S totals of 70 and Brag count of 60 but I have a single log going for January which includes the WES. Adding in the WES, my Brag count goes to 84.

Ron

Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 12:38 PM

Hi Ron,

I think you mean to say that "when looking at te C/T/S "Sprint Statistics" in the lower right corner, Always keep n mind that they are "Sprint Statistics". Logging the same C,T, or S on multiple bands ONLY count ONCE. Because that is what the software displays. I tested it with 2 QSOs, same callsign, different bands and S only showed 1 in lower right corner. And that works for me. All I have to do is add the CTSs and then manually add the number of non-CTS operators to get the total unique K3Y operators. Right?

73, Art, W2NRA

On Jan 18, 2017, at 11:30 AM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]" <SKCCLogger@...> wrote:

Art –

When looking at the C/T/S “Sprint Statistics” in the lower right corner, ALWAYS keep in mind that they are “Sprint Statistics”. Logging the same C. T, or S on multiple bands counts as multiple QSOs in Sprints, but they are NOT Unique members for Brag or award submissions.

Ron

Hi Ron,

First, I have to thank you so much for the backup feature you have built into SKCC Logger. I had an incident yesterday which I'm sure was operator error. At the start of my yesterday's K3Y/2 stint I think I hit "File/Start New" instead of "File/Open Existing" and blanked my whole log. Your backup and recovery feature got everything back except 2 QSOs and I was able to get those from the file I sent to the K3Y page.

To your spreadsheet response to my question - Yes, that's what I did. I got confusing results. I had 88 unique K3Y Op callsign. In the Cs, Ts and Ss section of SKCC Logger there were 2 Cs + 34 Ts + 52 Ss which equals 88. But there was also 2 Ops who didn't have C, T or S. That's a discrepancy of 2. I even ran the SKCC numbers tool on the K3Y Op log and no difference. Still 2 off. Anyway . . . not important.

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4

GM Art -

Ron

Hey Ron,

What am I missing?

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
Begali Signature Swing

ART SEARLE

Ron,

Brag gets 130.  That's impossible.  I though Brag only counts calls ones for the whole period.  I entered dates for 1/2/2017 00:00:00 to 1/31/2017 23:59:59 and got 130.

Counting CTSs I got 2+35+52 and one non-CTS = 90

The K3Y website has me a 90 Ops

So, what do you think?

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4

On Jan 18, 2017, at 01:52 PM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]" wrote:

Art -

I believe you are correct, Sprint statistics let you count QSOs with the same member on different bands but you can count the C, T, or S only once.

How much of a difference are you seeing between your numbers in the logger and the numbers posted in the Participant statistics on the K3Y page ?

In my case, I'm see 40-49 on the K3Y Page with C/T/S totals of 70 and Brag count of 60 but I have a single log going for January which includes the WES. Adding in the WES, my Brag count goes to 84.

Ron

Hi Ron,

I think you mean to say that "when looking at te C/T/S "Sprint Statistics" in the lower right corner, Always keep n mind that they are "Sprint Statistics". Logging the same C,T, or S on multiple bands ONLY count ONCE. Because that is what the software displays. I tested it with 2 QSOs, same callsign, different bands and S only showed 1 in lower right corner. And that works for me. All I have to do is add the CTSs and then manually add the number of non-CTS operators to get the total unique K3Y operators. Right?

73, Art, W2NRA

On Jan 18, 2017, at 11:30 AM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]"

Art –

When looking at the C/T/S “Sprint Statistics” in the lower right corner, ALWAYS keep in mind that they are “Sprint Statistics”. Logging the same C. T, or S on multiple bands counts as multiple QSOs in Sprints, but they are NOT Unique members for Brag or award submissions.

Ron

Hi Ron,

First, I have to thank you so much for the backup feature you have built into SKCC Logger. I had an incident yesterday which I'm sure was operator error. At the start of my yesterday's K3Y/2 stint I think I hit "File/Start New" instead of "File/Open Existing" and blanked my whole log. Your backup and recovery feature got everything back except 2 QSOs and I was able to get those from the file I sent to the K3Y page.

To your spreadsheet response to my question - Yes, that's what I did. I got confusing results. I had 88 unique K3Y Op callsign. In the Cs, Ts and Ss section of SKCC Logger there were 2 Cs + 34 Ts + 52 Ss which equals 88. But there was also 2 Ops who didn't have C, T or S. That's a discrepancy of 2. I even ran the SKCC numbers tool on the K3Y Op log and no difference. Still 2 off. Anyway . . . not important.

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4

GM Art -

Ron

Hey Ron,

What am I missing?

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
Begali Signature Swing

AC2C@verizon.net <AC2C@...>

Sorry, Art, but I simply do not have time to look at it.  Are you selecting Current month for Brag ?

Ron Bower, AC2C

------ Original message------

Date: Wed, Jan 18, 2017 2:52 PM

To: SKCCLogger@...;

Subject:Re: [SKCCLogger] Total K3Y Ops I worked.

Ron,

Brag gets 130.  That's impossible.  I though Brag only counts calls ones for the whole period.  I entered dates for 1/2/2017 00:00:00 to 1/31/2017 23:59:59 and got 130.

So, what do you think?

73, Art, W2NRADXCC CW Honor RollSKCC #11634Sx4

On Jan 18, 2017, at 01:52 PM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]" > wrote:

Art -

Ron

Hi Ron,

73, Art, W2NRA

On Jan 18, 2017, at 11:30 AM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]" > wrote:

Art –

Ron

Hi Ron,

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4

On Jan 18, 2017, at 09:17 AM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]" > wrote:

GM Art -

Ron

Hey Ron,

What am I missing?

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
Begali Signature Swing

Posted by: ART SEARLE >

ART SEARLE

Hi Ron,

I know you are very busy. I didn't mean to make more work for you.   And hopefully I haven't.  There is no problem with the Brag tool. I misunderstood how to use it.  

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4
Begali Signature Swing

On Jan 18, 2017, at 4:02 PM, AC2C@... AC2C@... [SKCCLogger] <SKCCLogger@...> wrote:

Sorry, Art, but I simply do not have time to look at it.  Are you selecting Current month for Brag ?

Ron Bower, AC2C

------ Original message------

Date: Wed, Jan 18, 2017 2:52 PM

To: SKCCLogger@...;

Subject:Re: [SKCCLogger] Total K3Y Ops I worked.

Ron,

So, what do you think?

73, Art, W2NRADXCC CW Honor RollSKCC #11634Sx4

On Jan 18, 2017, at 01:52 PM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]" > wrote:

Art -

Ron

Hi Ron,

73, Art, W2NRA

On Jan 18, 2017, at 11:30 AM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]" > wrote:

Art –

Ron

Hi Ron,

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4

On Jan 18, 2017, at 09:17 AM, "'Ron Bower' AC2C@... [SKCCLogger]" > wrote:

GM Art -

Ron

Hey Ron,

What am I missing?

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
Begali Signature Swing

Posted by: ART SEARLE >

Ed - ad7gr

"QRV log" ???

Ed - ad7gr

--
skcc #30T
www.edliko.net

Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:12 am (PST) . Posted by: "rcweeks af5af" af5af

[snip] I've been logging my K3Y contacts in my QRV log ...

Rocky Weeks, AF5AF

Previous Topic Next Topic