Topics

Shortcut request

ART SEARLE

Hi Ron,

Would you consider adding a shortcut to SKCC Logger?  Would you please add alt-W as an additional clear shortcut.  I use several programs that use alt-W to Wipe clear an input data field.  Lots of other logging software also uses alt-W.  The only reason I ask is, even though I know alt-C is clear I keep hitting alt-W.

FYI one program I use a lot is N1MM Logger and I often use it will also running SKCC Logger.

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx5

Curt WA2JSG

Another request (kind of)....
One of my PSK programs (Mix-W) has a provision for eQSL upload.  If you wanna send an eQSL, you bring up that particular contact (which already has RST, etc that was previously entered), make a quick comment if desired, then hit the 'SEND' button, and VOILA! An eQSL sent! ;-)
Just a suggestion, but probably a lot of work to make the change.  Love SKCC/NAQCC Loggers.

73, Curt WA2JSG NJ
SKCC #3018S

AC2C

GM Art – Are you aware that the Esc key also serves as shortcut for “Clear ALL” in the Add Log Entry window ?

Ron

Would you consider adding a shortcut to SKCC Logger?  Would you please add alt-W as an additional clear shortcut.  I use several programs that use alt-W to Wipe clear an input data field.  Lots of other logging software also uses alt-W.  The only reason I ask is, even though I know alt-C is clear I keep hitting alt-W.

FYI one program I use a lot is N1MM Logger and I often use it will also running SKCC Logger.

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx5

Dave KB1WOD

Though it is not terribly important, but an upload to both eQSL.cc and LoTW would be nice.

John Andrews

And Ron, while you're at it, how about a "Time Dilation" key for the SKS? Something that turns 2 hours into 4 would be nice...

John, W1TAG

AC2C

To all -

Please understand that I believe that the SKCCLogger has reached "maturity". To me, that means that it now has all the features and functions that are reasonable to provide. While eQSL is easier to interface with than LoTW, both require a login with username and password and require a lot of processing that was never envisioned in the original design of the logger. As a developer, I am very aware of "requirements creep" and simply want to avoid those problems with SKCCLogger.

As for Alt-C, or Alt-W, or Esc, those are easy implementations but would prefer to replace Alt-C with Alt-W if that is the consensus of the users.

Ron

ART SEARLE

Hi Ron,

No I didn't know that. But my problem is I have to use alt-w with other programs and when senior moments creep in, I hit alt-w in Skcc Logger. It seems to be a default for lots of logging software.  Not a big deal though and I doubt others would benefit so it's an unreasonable request on my part. Your software is super the way it is. Thank you!

73, Art, W2NRA
SKCC #11634Sx5

On Sep 27, 2017, at 11:35 AM, AC2C <AC2C@...> wrote:

GM Art – Are you aware that the Esc key also serves as shortcut for “Clear ALL” in the Add Log Entry window ?

Ron

Would you consider adding a shortcut to SKCC Logger?  Would you please add alt-W as an additional clear shortcut.  I use several programs that use alt-W to Wipe clear an input data field.  Lots of other logging software also uses alt-W.  The only reason I ask is, even though I know alt-C is clear I keep hitting alt-W.

FYI one program I use a lot is N1MM Logger and I often use it will also running SKCC Logger.

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx5

ART SEARLE

Guys,

LotW is way more complicated than you might think and requires a lot more upkeep. I see what Dave of DXLab's DXKeeper Logger goes through every time there's a new digital mode or change in the LotW software.  He gets all the blame and extra work to fix things and none of the credit.

SKCC Logger supplies the necessary adif files to import into your main logging program which can properly process your LotW and eQSL.

73, Art, W2NRA
SKCC #11634Sx5

On Sep 27, 2017, at 3:36 PM, AC2C <AC2C@...> wrote:

To all -

Please understand that I believe that the SKCCLogger has reached "maturity". To me, that means that it now has all the features and functions that are reasonable to provide. While eQSL is easier to interface with than LoTW, both require a login with username and password and require a lot of processing that was never envisioned in the original design of the logger. As a developer, I am very aware of "requirements creep" and simply want to avoid those problems with SKCCLogger.

As for Alt-C, or Alt-W, or Esc, those are easy implementations but would prefer to replace Alt-C with Alt-W if that is the consensus of the users.

Ron

K9JWI

Ron,

You have provided a very good logger to the SKCC community
at no cost to users.   As I make SKCC QSO’s, I find everything
I need in the logger.  I especially like the flexibility in entering
frequency/band, the NOW buttons, and the QSO Notes features.

I see no need to change the shortcuts.  If you do, there will
be no end to requests for nitpicking changes.  It is your
prerogative to declare “maturity” and call the logger done!

Thanks for you contributions to SKCC.

73,  Clyde K9JWI

Sent from my generic desktop PC!

Peter Albright

Hi Ron and all,

I am a new SKCCLogger user, and I love it. Thanks for the great coding, Ron. I jumped right into this forum, have been reading the mail, and appreciate it.

As a long time N1MM user, I already have made the Alt-W mistake twenty times. Hey, at least it is a benign key combination that doesn't do anything BAD! :)  If it is all the same, I vote for changing Alt-C to Alt-W.

Thanks for letting me in.

-Peter