Topics

making log entry SKCC Members using Keyers not count?

ART SEARLE

Hi Ron, AC2C,

No rush on this question.  I know you are busy.

I have often QSOd SKCC members who were using a keyer.  Currently, the only way to keep the QSO from counting for SKCC awards is to delete them from my log.  That is what I have been doing.  Is there another way to do this without deleting the QSO?

BTW I currently have 94 QSOs with SKCC members who were using keyers or computers.
73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4

Rocky Weeks

Art,
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF here.
I think you can go in and clear the SKCC#s field and save it...that way the program will skip over it because it does not track by callsign but rather SKCC#...
Also, keep in mind that if sometime in the future you choose for the program to add "SKCC#s to the log" (1st choice under the tools tab)...it will and from that point on will see those #s and update accordingly.
I've some QSOs with fellow members who either did not provide their #s or forgot them and I made sure to clear the SKCC# field before saving.
Additionally, if you ever lose your SKCC Log it can be recovered IF you also keep up another log in .adi format like at QRZ.
Several weeks ago my Linux machine decided that I no longer had permissions to log into it...had to re-install from scratch...and of course everything on the machine was lost...luckily I always log entires into my QRV log and it was easy to export the entire log and put it back into my skcc logger program...AND it did not miss a beat...rechecked all the importance stuff like award tracking and it was all up to date.

Good Luck,
AF5AF

SENT FROM MY IPAD MINI
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29B
Arkansas Trappers Assoc.
South Western Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29A

On Feb 2, 2017, at 12:59, ART SEARLE w2nra@... [SKCCLogger] <SKCCLogger@...> wrote:

Hi Ron, AC2C,

I have often QSOd SKCC members who were using a keyer.  Currently, the only way to keep the QSO from counting for SKCC awards is to delete them from my log.  That is what I have been doing.  Is there another way to do this without deleting the QSO?

BTW I currently have 94 QSOs with SKCC members who were using keyers or computers.
73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4

Bill Ellis

On Thursday, February 2, 2017, 1:37 PM, rcweeks af5af af5af.rcweeks@... [SKCCLogger] wrote:

Art,
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF here.
I think you can go in and clear the SKCC#s field and save it...that way the program will skip over it because it does not track by callsign but rather SKCC#...
Also, keep in mind that if sometime in the future you choose for the program to add "SKCC#s to the log" (1st choice under the tools tab)...it will and from that point on will see those #s and update accordingly.
I've some QSOs with fellow members who either did not provide their #s or forgot them and I made sure to clear the SKCC# field before saving.
Additionally, if you ever lose your SKCC Log it can be recovered IF you also keep up another log in .adi format like at QRZ.
Several weeks ago my Linux machine decided that I no longer had permissions to log into it...had to re-install from scratch...and of course everything on the machine was lost...luckily I always log entires into my QRV log and it was easy to export the entire log and put it back into my skcc logger program...AND it did not miss a beat...rechecked all the importance stuff like award tracking and it was all up to date.

Good Luck,
AF5AF

SENT FROM MY IPAD MINI
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF
Arkansas Trappers Assoc.

On Feb 2, 2017, at 12:59, ART SEARLE w2nra@... [SKCCLogger] <SKCCLogger@...> wrote:

Hi Ron, AC2C,

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4

ART SEARLE

Hi Rocky,

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, I was aware you could remove the SKCC number and that is a good point.  I also put "no SKCC credit" in the beginning of the Comment field so I can find them easily.  But I do remove them from my main SKCC log because of the risk with the SKCC number tool. I then import them into my DXKeeper Master "All QSOs" log.  The "no SKCC credit" statement does transfer to the Comment field in DXKeeper.  I suppose you could also create a no-SKCC-credit log for those QSOs.  I think I'll do that.
73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4

On Feb 02, 2017, at 03:37 PM, "rcweeks af5af af5af.rcweeks@... [SKCCLogger]" wrote:

Art,
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF here.

Good Luck,
AF5AF

SENT FROM MY IPAD MINI
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF
Arkansas Trappers Assoc.

Hi Ron, AC2C,

73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx4

AC2C@...

GA Art -

First, I assume that you are aware of the SKCC's official key policy posted here:

Thus, not all members using a non-mechanical key should be disregarded.

Just deleting the SKCC number from the log will not work. If the callsign belonged to a member at the time of the contact, then the entry will be considered for award credit.

One thing that will work, is to give the member in correct SKCC number. When the log is processed for awards, the processor looks at the callsign AND the callsign is non-blank. If the SKCC number does not match the call, then it will not be considered for award processing.

Please note that the Add SKCC Numbers tools will reset the SKCC Number to blsnk he first time it runs and will insert the correct number the second time it is run.

73, Ron