From: SKCCLogger@... [mailto:SKCCLogger@...]
Sent: Saturday, July 1, 2017 11:18 AM
To: SKCCLogger@...
Subject: [SKCCLogger] IC-7300 USB connection to SKCClogger

I've been using SKCC Logger for about two years, first with connections from my KX3, and then from my IC-7600. I don't recall any connection issues with either of those as I merely connected to the USB port on my WIN10 PC, and appropriately addressed the assigned Com port in the logger program.

I now have added an IC-7300 in the shack (hoping soon to sell the IC-7600), so I'd like to have the 7300 connected to the logger program. The IC-7300 has a USB port on the back, same as the IC-7600, so I plugged a USB cable between that port and a USB port on the PC. In the PC device manager I see Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UEART Bridge (Com3. I go to the Logger radio configuration setup screen where I note that Com3 is recognized so I ensure I selected the IC-7300 radio model and that the 9600 baud rate matches what I saw in the devise manager. Something I see here that I did not recognize on the IC-7600 setup is the field below "stop bits" which indicates "Icom CI-V with the number 94 in the box beside that label". Oddly, i see a page in the right half of the setup screen which indicates "Icom IC-7200 defaults have been set.

I now click the OPEN PORT button and then Close the Window. I now bring up the ADD LOG ENTRY window on the logger program where I have put a check mark in the Read VFO block. I get no reading of the VFO setting. I then attempt to QSY the rado from that logger screen, but to no avail. I cycle the radio off, then on again, nothing changes. I exit the logger program and log back in. Nothing. I bring up the radio configuration screen again and I notice a continuous list of messages in right panel of the config. page "sending read command to radio".........So, that's all I know for explanation of my scenario. If any one has ideas or suggestions, please let me know. . PS. I'm new to this Yahoo group and could not figure out how to review whether or not this subject has previously been covered here. If so, I hope someone will point me to that thread and please excuse this duplication of effort. 73's Mike

Mike Pilgrim, K5MP

Well, thanks to Ron’s suggestions, I have already solved my connect problem between the IC-7300 and SKCC Logger.  Instead of using the radio’s USB port, I resorted to the “Remote” jack where I ran a cable to a USB port on the PC.  After a quick setup, all works as it should.  Maybe others here can benefit from this result.

Next project (as time permits) will be to attempt connection with HRD.

Cheers,

Mike, K5MP