Topics

connect via usb not cvi

Jay

Good day all,

I have been using dxlabs and connect my ic-7300 via usb. Is it possible to connect to skcclogger through usb or does it only support cvi?

If I can connect with usb, how do I do it?

Jay

ART SEARLE

Hi Jay,

It will connect with either.  I've done it.  Or you can use DXLab Commander's Secondary CAT Serial Port with a port sharing program like ELTIMS Virtual Serial Port.

You connect Commander directly to your IC-7300 either with USB or CIV and create a Virtual Serial Port pair.  One of the pair you configure in Commander's Secondary CAT to a Kenwood radio at 9600.  You configure the other Virtual Serial Port from the pair to SKCC Logger also as a Kenwood radio at 9600.  It works great and gives you full control of all the Icom features that you've set up in Commander.

I have Commander set up with both the USB (radio 1) and CIV (radio 4).  I can switch  between the 2 with SKCC Logger running and it doesn't even notice.  It still reads the Secondary Cat.

It's a lot easier to do than it sounds.
73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx5

On May 05, 2017, at 09:26 AM, "pvjlijoi@... [SKCCLogger]" wrote:

Good day all,

I have been using dxlabs and connect my ic-7300 via usb. Is it possible to connect to skcclogger through usb or does it only support cvi?

If I can connect with usb, how do I do it?

Jay

Jay

Thanks Art,

Can you get to run skcclogger direct without using dxlab commander? That's my goal.

Jay

ART SEARLE

Yes, the IC-7300 works fine with either the USB jack or the Remote jack.
73, Art, W2NRA
DXCC CW Honor Roll
SKCC #11634Sx5

On May 05, 2017, at 02:15 PM, "pvjlijoi@... [SKCCLogger]"

Thanks Art,

Can you get to run skcclogger direct without using dxlab commander? That's my goal.

Jay

Jay

Thanks all,

I got it, I was thinking the baud rate had to be low. It turns out that as soon as I set it to 1900 the usb responded.

Again thank you to all for what I really should have been able to solve on my own. Sometimes you need a little help from your friends to get past a mental block!

Jay