Topics

Spring Crossing Is NOT Closed

Rick Jones

I stopped at Spring Crossing just a few minutes ago and talked to Race. He says that, contrary to rumors that have been bouncing around, he is NOT closed, is NOT planning on closing, and is NOT even THINKING of closing the store. Yes, his wife has serious on-going medical issues that make his hours erratic at times, but he tries to be there most afternoons through the early evening to help modelers out with their need.
Further, he would like to hear from anybody that can help him track down the source(s) of these unsubstantiated rumors that he is going out of business. He doesn't know where they are coming from because he hasn't said that he's closing to anybody. He's had signs on the window about being closed for an unknown period of time due to dealing with his wife's illness, so maybe some people are misinterpreting the meaning of that. And if you Google "Spring Crossing model trains" it pulls up a photo of the store and a banner that says "Permanently Closed" which is clearly false. But apparently Google wants thousands of dollars for their programmers to go in and fix the error in their database.
So pass the word: Spring Crossing is STILL in business, though their hours may be somewhat erratic.

--

Rick Jones

I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the
end and think, "Well, that's not going to happen."

jp44howell@...

I know I have speculated that he was no longer in business because of his erratic hours. He has been closed the last few times I have been there, which has been mid-day.  .  Posting hours and being more consistency in hours might address this.  I'm glad to hear  he isn't closing because we have so few places left...

Rick Jones

On 11/13/2019 9:51 PM, jp44howell@... wrote:
I know I have speculated that he was no longer in business because of his erratic hours. He has been closed the last few times I have been there, which has been mid-day.?? .?? Posting hours and being more consistency in hours might address this.?? I'm glad to hear?? he isn't closing because we have so few places left...
I think he tries to be there from about 1 PM to 6 or 7 PM. Obviously dependent on his wife's condition and his need to take care of her. Phoning ahead to see if he's in the store is probably prudent if you're not nearby.

--

Rick Jones

OK, so what's the speed of dark?