From: Rick Jones r.t.jones@... [SJMRRC] [mailto:SJMRRC@...]
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 5:14 PM
To: SJMRRC@...
Subject: [SJMRRC] Scanners

Is anybody using a scanner to listen to local railroad radio
channels? I bought a Radio Shack Pro-651 this past week, and after using
the data available at radioreference.com to program the local BNSF and
UP frequencies I'm not picking up anything. I may not have the type of
reception set up correctly or maybe they're encrypting their radios.
If anybody is successfully using a scanner to listen to railroad
radios locally I'd like to hear how you set yours up.

--

Rick Jones

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
mistake when you make it again.

Rick Jones