Scanners

Rick Jones

Is anybody using a scanner to listen to local railroad radio channels? I bought a Radio Shack Pro-651 this past week, and after using the data available at radioreference.com to program the local BNSF and UP frequencies I'm not picking up anything. I may not have the type of reception set up correctly or maybe they're encrypting their radios.
If anybody is successfully using a scanner to listen to railroad radios locally I'd like to hear how you set yours up.

--

Rick Jones

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
mistake when you make it again.

Join SJMRRC@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.