Waverly Road LONGSPUR

Ralph

I was supposed to co-lead a nature walk at Knights Ferry this morning but my plans changed abruptly last night, and I’m glad they did. Iam currently (10:48am, Saturday, November 6) standing on Wavery Road in eastern SJ County and just found one of the LAPLAND LONGSPURS reported a few days ago by Lucas & Mark Stephenson & Lucas Corneliussen. The bird was at approximately 38.0154222, -120.9407022, but the entire flock just shifted and several birds flew off to the east and I have no as yet relocated the longspur. I am going to stay out here a while and continue to look for the Chestnut-collared and will post again if I find it.

Ralph Baker, Riverbank