Topics

Waverly Road and Loch Lomond Park

Ralph

Today, after going out with Richard Brown to look for the Brewer's Sparrow I found Sunday on Frankenheimer Road in Stanislaus County and failing, but finding two Grasshopper Sparrows at that location, I made a quick run up Waverly Road on my way to Stockton for an errand and then a quick visit to Loch Lomond Park to look for the Chipping Sparrows Jim Rowoth had seen there recently.

Best birds on Waverly were a Burrowing Owl about .5 miles north of Copperopolis Road and a small flock of Long-billed Curlew. At Loch Lomond I did not find the Chippers that would have been a county bird for me but I did find a Red-breasted Nuthatch, a male Black-throated Gray Warbler and a somewhat surprising fly-over Common Raven.

And, as always, happy birding, stay safe, stay sane and may the light be with you,
Ralph Baker, Riverbank