Topics

To Sscramento County looking for the glossy ibis.

Pat Croft

all. We went looking for the glossy ibis at Consumnes river. The parking lots are closed. Plenty of cars parked along Franklin Road. Lots of walkers. Too may for social distancing. We birded Bruceville Rd Twin Cities to Desmond Rd, Desmond Rd & Consumnes River Preserve from Franklin Road. Bruce ville rd: We had 5 american white pelicans fly over us. Desmond Road we sighted 3 american white pelicans, 8 white faced ibis, over 20 great egrets, 8 snowy egrets, 17 mallards, 5 ravens one avocet. Etc,. No Glossy Ibis. Consumnes River Preserve 2 avocets, 8 white faced ibis flyover. This was a car birding trip. We did count as many birds ww\e could on Turner Rd & Thornton rd while riding along. You can review my e bird check lists for both San Joaquin county & Sacramento County.