Topics

Tennessee Warbler still there at 5:15

Jim Rowoth

Following my 2nd rear-ender during this pandemic (minimal damage to car and me), I was able to refind the Tennessee Warbler, which was found by David Yee earlier today. Pat Paternostro had seen it a couple of hours earlier and took pity on me after the fender-bender to help me find it. Pat found a Townsend’s Warbler, so we knew we were on the right track. Ernie Maier showed up a few minutes later. We heard the bright chip of a Yellow Warbler, then a second bird, in the two smallish topped maple trees on the residential side of the street. (I didn’t take note of the house #.) Shortly thereafter, Pat laid his eyes on the Tennessee high in the oak across from these maples, and successfully got Ernie and me on the bird. Very satisfying, and this was definitely Pat’s good deed for the day! Thanks to all who reported this bird!

Jimmy Gain

TEWA is still present this morning. 4th tree down from the Turner Rd corner.
Jim Gain