SJAS Field Trip Calaveras Big Trees, Sat June 12

England

BIG TREES STATE PARK, CALAVERAS COUNTY
Date: Jun 12, 2021 Saturday 9:00 AM
Where: Big Tree State Park.
Join leader Donna Marciano and San Joaquin Audubon for a birding adventure at Big Trees State Park on Saturday, June 12th. Donna will lead our birding group on a trip through the park to look for nesting migrants and residents (and of course marvel at the Sequioa’s). Some target birds include: White-headed Woodpecker, MacGillivray’s Warbler, Pacific Wren and Townsend’s Solitaire.
The trip will begin at the visitor’s center parking lot at 9am. Please plan to bring lunch and pay the $10 per car admission fee. The terrain is mostly flat, but boots are recommended. If time allows, we may bird other spots in Calaveras County on the way home.
Given COVID protocols, we are limiting the trip to 14 participants. Please RSVP to Srini or Donna @ peraisrini@... or paulmarciano@...
(Pileated Woodpecker, Calaveras Big Trees, April 2021 Alan England)
--
Alan England, Stockton