SJ Audubon: THIS WEEKEND (June 19, 20) BUTTERFLY COUNT, FISH HATCHERY BIRDING

England

SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY ANNUAL SUMMER BUTTERFLY COUNT

Date: Jun 19, 2021 Saturday 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM PST

Contact: Kathy Schick at kschick2@...

This field trip is cosponsored by San Joaquin Audubon, San Joaquin County University of California Cooperative Extension and the North American Butterfly Association. San Joaquin Audubon joined in 1986, and I have led the count in mid-June every year since then.

The count area includes Oak Grove Regional Park, Woodbridge Regional Park, Lodi Lake Wilderness Area and White Slough. (So we see many birds and other wildlife in the process of counting butterflies.)

This field trip visits the same localities each year, surveying butterfly populations; we add to it by training (and retraining) all volunteers each year, so it is educational for participants. We provide all participants with our years of data as well as a local life-sized butterfly field guide.

We will do this year’s trip on Saturday, June 19, 2021. Participants should plan to dress comfortably for walking and bring water and snacks. Bring Butterfly nets, books and binoculars if you have them. Anyone interested in participating in our Butterfly Count should contact Kathy Schick at kschick2@....

1) Masks, 2) social distancing, 3) don’t share optics.

BIRDING @ FISH HATCHERY

Date: Jun 20, 2021 SUNDAY 8:00 AM

Where: Mokelumne River Fish Hatchery. See the Map

Join leaders Joanne Katanic and Liz West for our monthly census of this lovely riparian area on the Mokelumne River below Camanche Dam. Meet the leaders in the fish hatchery first parking lot at 8:00 AM

1) Masks, 2) social distancing, 3) don’t share optics.

--
Alan England, Stockton