SJ Audubon Field Trip: KIRKWOOD-DANBERG DR. TRAIL AND PLASSE’S RESORT AREA

England

KIRKWOOD-DANBERG DR. TRAIL AND PLASSE’S RESORT AREA
Date: July 23, 2022 SATURDAY 9:00 AM
Where: Plasse’s Resort Area.
For location map: https://www.sanjoaquinaudubon.org/field-trips/
Join Donna for day of birding in the high Sierra and escape the valley heat. We will begin at the Kirkwood ski area to hike the Danberg Dr. trail, after the hike, we will have lunch and travel to Plasse’s resort located on westside of Silver Lake off Hwy 88.  We will search the Sierra for many types of montane bird species, such as the white-headed & hairy woodpecker, green tailed towhee, a variety of warblers spp. and the Clark’s nutcracker.  This trip is open to all beginner, or experienced birders. Trip will include some hiking up a dirt trail at Kirkwood and easy walking on flat ground at Plasse’s resort. We will meet at 9:00 am at the entrance to the Kirkwood ski resort off Hwy 88, and drive together to Danberg Dr. This trip will last all day long, bring a lunch, plenty of water, hat, and sunscreen. If interested in carpooling, please call Donna.
--
Alan England, Stockton