Topics

Scaly-breasted Munia #poll

jimallan927@...

The Scaly Breasted Munia has been a regular visitor to my feeder, only one for the first two days and a trio every day since- two adults and a juvenile. This was also a good day for some new arrivals after the rain. A Bullocks Oriole, a Black-headed Grosbeak and a Rufous Hummingbird. We have been feeding a liter of nectar a day with 15 to 20 hummers often feeding in a swarm of activity. There is one male Anna's that appears to be a melanistic variant. He still has the metallic interference patterns, but is several shades darker, giving a black, metallic appearance.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S66728744