INTRODUCTORY BIRDING @ LODI LAKE
Date: Jun 05, 2021 Saturday 8:00 AM
Where: Lodi Lake.  See the
Map

Join leader Pat Paternostro at the north end of Laurel Ave. in Lodi (on the east side of Lodi Lake Park, off of Turner Rd.) at 8:00 AM. Birders of all skill levels are welcome, but the focus will be on birding fundamentals. Extra binoculars and field guides will be available.

BIG TREES STATE PARK, CALAVERAS COUNTY
Date: Jun 12, 2021 Saturday 9:00 AM
Where: Big Tree State Park.  See the
Map

Join leader Donna Marciano and San Joaquin Audubon for a birding adventure at Big Trees State Park on Saturday, June 12th. Donna will lead our birding group on a trip through the park to look for nesting migrants and residents (and of course marvel at the sequioa’s). Some target birds include: White-headed Woodpecker, MacGillivray’s Warbler, Pacific Wren and Townsend’s Solitaire.

The trip will begin at the visitor’s center parking lot at 9am. Please plan to bring lunch and pay the $10 per car admission fee. The terrain is mostly flat, but boots are recommended. If time allows, we may bird other spots in Calaveras County on the way home.

Given COVID protocols, we are limiting the trip to 14 participants. Please RSVP to Srini or Donna @ peraisrini@... or paulmarciano@...

SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY ANNUAL SUMMER BUTTERFLY COUNT

Date: Jun 19, 2021 Saturday 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM PST
Contact: Kathy Schick at kschick2@...

This field trip is  cosponsored by San Joaquin Audubon, San Joaquin County University of California Cooperative Extension and the North American Butterfly Association. San Joaquin Audubon joined in 1986, and I have led the count in mid-June every year since then.

The count area includes Oak Grove Regional Park, Woodbridge Regional Park, Lodi Lake Wilderness Area and White Slough. (So we see many birds and other wildlife in the process of counting butterflies.)

This field trip visits the same localities each year, surveying butterfly populations; we add to it by training (and retraining) all volunteers each year, so it is educational for participants. We provide all participants with our years of data as well as a local  life-sized butterfly field guide.

We will do this year’s trip on Saturday, June 19, 2021. Participants should plan to dress comfortably for walking and bring water and snacks. Bring Butterfly nets, books and binoculars if you have them. Anyone interested in participating in our Butterfly Count should contact Kathy Schick at kschick2@....

BIRDING @ FISH HATCHERY
Date: Jun 20, 2021 SUNDAY 8:00 AM
Where: Mokelumne River Fish Hatchery.  See the
Map

Join leaders Joanne Katanic and Liz West for our monthly census of this lovely riparian area on the Mokelumne River below Camanche Dam. Meet the leaders in the fish hatchery first parking lot at 8:00 AM

Map Links:
https://www.sanjoaquinaudubon.org/field-trips/

--
Alan England, Stockton