Topics

Sacramento County Saturday 6/5/2020.

Pat Croft

The Consumnes River Preserve parking lots are still close but the trails are open. Pat & I took a trip to Consumnes River Preserve. We birded Desmond road & Bruceville Road Between Twin Cities & Desmond Roads. There is still some water. It was worthwile visit as we saw White-faced ibis, Swainson’s & red tailed hawks, Bullock’s orioles & so on. We also took a tour of Woodbridge Road (West). We saw 29 species of birds. Highlights were 1 big horned owl near the nest, bullock’s orioles, 4 swainson’s hawks, 1 northern harrier, 2 valley quail etc. Dave & Pat