Pop-up Field Trip Report

Kurt Mize

All:

Pat Paternostro was joined by myself, Jim Rowoth, and Nan Ballot for a pop-up field trip to Laughlin Park yesterday. Highlights included two Western Wood-Pewees, a Willow Flycatcher, a Pacific Slope Flycatcher, an Orange-crowned Warbler, a Myrtle Yellow-rumped Warbler, a Townsend’s Warbler, a Yellow Warbler, multiple Western Tanagers, and a FOS Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Pat and I continued to Dentoni Park, where we had a FOS (for me) White-crowned Sparrow, a Western Wood-pewee, a FOS (for me) Nashville Warbler, a Townsend’s Warbler, a Black-throated Gray Warbler, a Yellow-rumped Warbler, and a surprise flyover Lewis’s Woodpecker!

Good birding.

Kurt