Northern Harrier courtship display at Bear Creek bike trail

Susan Schneider

Nan B and I were fortunate this morning to observe a male Harrier doing his loop-the-loops and briefly flying upside down.  Spectacular.  I've only seen this once before - at the Pace Preserve near Buckley Cove in Stockton.  Today's display occurred on the south side of the Bear Creek trail (the section west of I-5).  Other highlights included the return of Cliff Swallows to the bridge at the end of Trinity Parkway, and a Forster's Tern.  We found 40 species.

Happy spring,
Susan M. Schneider, PhD
Climate activist, behavioral psychologist, and award-winning author of The Science of Consequences
http://www.scienceofconsequences.com

It's not too late.