Topics

Migration in our yard

k foley

Rich and I have been stuck in our house the last few days because of necessary repairs to the house. The birding has been less than stellar the last couple of days because I couldn't hear anything over all of the machinery but today was different! I've been reading birding accounts from Lodi Lake and Laughlin Park today and I can say that our yard was pretty spectacular too. We had 4 WESTERN TANAGERS, 2 WILSON'S WARBLERS, 2 NASHVILLE WARBLERS, 4 ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS, 1 TOWNSEND'S WARBLER, 1 BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER, 1 CASSIN'S VIREO, 1 WARBLING VIREO and an emptied that David Yee thinks could be a Dusky or Gray flycatcher. We didn't get the orioles or grosbeak others had but I did hear the pik call that I associate with Downy woodpeckers then realized it could have been a Black-headed grosbeak but I never found it, so I didn't count either. I believe we can add the words "at least" to the numbers of pretty much all of the birds listed because it was impossible to keep up, they were flying in and out of the canopy 6 birds at a time! Great day.

I did have a lovely Black-chinned hummingbird on Thursday. Enjoy migration!
Kasey

Wow, Kasey!  That’s an incredible fallout for such a small area!

On Apr 25, 2020, at 5:37 PM, k foley <kaseyfoley@...> wrote:

[...]

<71DA1630-2F2D-44D9-B8FA-D41851D4A138_1_201_a.jpeg>
<14D99286-58DC-4469-B2D1-82EA5ACE507C_1_201_a.jpeg>