Topics

Laughlin Park today

Kurt Mize

All:

I had my FOS Willow Flycatcher at Laughlin Park this morning. Also had a Pacific-Slope Flycatcher, a Black-throated Gray Warbler, and a Western Tanager. The greatest excitement, however, came in the form of two Common Ravens mobbing a Great Horned Owl in the top of a Valley Oak! My excellent documentary photos are attached. I’ve only ever had flyover Ravens at this location before. Sadly, an Anna’s Hummingbird nest that I’ve been watching closely for several weeks has been destroyed. :(  Here’s hoping their next attempt will be more successful.

Good birding,

Kurt

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail