Laughlin Park today

Kurt Mize

All:

Laughlin Park was pretty birdy again today. I had my FOS Warbling Vireo, three Cassin’s Vireos, a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, a Red-breasted Nuthatch, three Orange-crowned Warblers, and a Pacific Slope Flycatcher. I then ran into Kathy and Virginia Bonham, who were also birding in the park. They located a small flock containing three Wilson’s Warblers (FOS birds for me), and a Warbling Vireo. We also heard (and then saw) a female Bullock’s Oriole, after which I headed home for lunch.

Good birding,

Kurt

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

All:

Laughlin Park was pretty slow today. Best bird was a Nan Ballot, which was a first for the park. Other birds of interest included two Cassin’s Vireos (one of which sang for us), a male Wilson’s Warbler, a female Townsend’s Warbler, a female Bullock’s Oriole, and a continuing Red-breasted Nuthatch.

Good birding!

Kurt

Kurt Mize

All:

I ran into Pat and Dave Croft at the park this morning. I had three Cassin’s Vireos and a Bullock’s Oriole before the Crofts had to leave. Shortly after they left, I came across a mixed flock with four (!) Nashville Warblers (all in binocular view at the same time at one point),  two Orange-crowned Warblers, a Wilson’s Warbler, two Warbling Vireos, and a Cassin’s Vireo. I also found a Pacific Slope Flycatcher before calling it a day.

Good birding!

Kurt

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

All:

I had a three FOS birds at the park this morning: Western Kingbird (seen elsewhere, but a first for the park), Black-chinned Hummingbird (an adult male), and Western Tanager. Other birds of note included two Black-throated Gray Warblers, an Orange-crowned Warbler, two Nashville Warblers, two Pacific Slope Flycatchers, and a Red-breasted Nuthatch. I also had the pleasure of some “social-distance” birding, first with John Harris, and then with Kathy and Virginia Bonham.

Good birding,

Kurt

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

All:

I ran into Nan Ballot, Susan Schneider, and Lynnette Buckman at the park this morning. Highlights today were a beautiful FOS male Hermit Warbler, five (!) Nashville Warblers, three Black-throated Gray Warblers, two Wilson’s Warblers, two Orange-crowned Warblers, an adult male Western Tanager, and a FOS adult female Black-headed Grosbeak. No flycatchers or vireos today.

Good birding!

Kurt

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail