Laughlin Park 9/10/22

Kurt Mize

All:

I had a nice sprinkling of fall migrants this morning at Laughlin Park in north Stockton. First, I had a Vaux’s Swift circle overhead five or six times before disappearing to the south. I think this is a very early date for this species. No other swifts or swallows were observed. Other migrants included one each of Pacific Slope Flycatcher, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Wilson’s Warbler, and Western Tanager.

On Tuesday, Sept. 6, at Laughlin Park, I had a Pac-Slope Fly, two Wilson’s Warblers, my FOS Yellow-rump, and an Orange-crowned. The same morning at Baxter Park, I had a Black-chinned Hummer, a Cassin’s Vireo, a Warbling Vireo, and a Wilson’s Warbler.

Good birding!