Laughlin Park

Kurt Mize

All:

After a very slow April, yesterday and today I finally had a nice assortment of neotropical migrants at Laughlin Park in north Stockton.

Yesterday I had a Pac Slope Flycatcher, a Western Wood Pewee, a Townsend’s Warbler, and two each of Hermit Warbler and Wilson’s Warbler.

Today, I had a Black-chinned Hummingbird, a Pac Slope Flycatcher, a Cassin’s Vireo, one Myrtle Yellow-rumped Warbler, one Townsend’s Warbler, one Hermit Warbler, one Wilson’s Warbler, seven Western Tanagers!, and two Black-headed Grosbeaks.

At Baxter park this morning, despite the breezy conditions, I had a Pac Slope Flycatcher, a Wilson’s Warbler, a Yellow Warbler, and a Bullock’s Oriole.

Good birding!

Kurt