Laughlin Park

Kurt Mize

All:

I had a Gray Flycatcher at Laughlin Park in Stockton this morning. Pale gray overall, narrow bill, narrow eye-ring, long-tailed appearance, dipped tail downward several times when perched, responded to playback. I also had my FOS Western Wood-pewee, five Western Tanagers, six Bullock’s Orioles (one singing male, and a group of five female-types moving together), three Wilson’s Warblers (one singing), one Nashville Warbler (singing, and responded to playback), one Townsend’s Warbler, two Warbling Vireos, and two Pacific Slope Flycatchers.

Good birding,

Kurt

k foley

Rich and I just got back from walking the dogs at Laughlin Park so birding was at a minimum because dogs make it very hard to bird and it was the middle of the afternoon. That said, we had Hooded Orioles (seen and heard) FOS for me and maybe some Bullock's but I couldn't confirm those, a Western Wood-pewee, and at least 2 Western tanagers. Even in the heat of the afternoon, this park produces birds:)

Keep birding!
Kasey