Hooded Oriole

k foley

Went all over the County looking for a Hooded Oriole, turns out I could have just stayed at my house. Just had a first summer male Hooded Oriole in my Valley Oak! I was so surprised I was unable to get a photo before it flew off. Still nice Memorial Day bird.

Judy Kane

Yay! You must have a fabulous yard! We had a good start to the day as we were able to watch just hatched wood ducks leave the box and jump into Mosher Slough! First time I've seen that! There were at least a dozen swimming off with mama duck about 7 am.

Judy Kane

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 12:44 PM k foley <kaseyfoley@...> wrote:
Went all over the County looking for a Hooded Oriole, turns out I could have just stayed at my house. Just had a first summer male Hooded Oriole in my Valley Oak! I was so surprised I was unable to get a photo before it flew off. Still nice Memorial Day bird.

M. Judith Kane
209-639-1951

Susan Schneider

Excellent.  My neighborhood in Stockton had 2 Western Tanagers and 1 Yellow Warbler female yesterday; 1 Tanager today.  Anyone else still getting late migrants?

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 12:44 PM k foley <kaseyfoley@...> wrote:
Went all over the County looking for a Hooded Oriole, turns out I could have just stayed at my house. Just had a first summer male Hooded Oriole in my Valley Oak! I was so surprised I was unable to get a photo before it flew off. Still nice Memorial Day bird.

Susan M. Schneider, PhD
Climate activist, behavioral psychologist, and award-winning author of The Science of Consequences
http://www.scienceofconsequences.com - includes climate info

It's not too late.

John Harris

I had a MacGillivray's Warbler today, seen near a bird bath. I'm not in San Joaquin, though I lurk on this list. Only a few minutes from the border though!
John Harris
just east of Oakdale

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 1:39 PM Susan Schneider <susanschneider7@...> wrote:
Excellent.  My neighborhood in Stockton had 2 Western Tanagers and 1 Yellow Warbler female yesterday; 1 Tanager today.  Anyone else still getting late migrants?

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 12:44 PM k foley <kaseyfoley@...> wrote:
Went all over the County looking for a Hooded Oriole, turns out I could have just stayed at my house. Just had a first summer male Hooded Oriole in my Valley Oak! I was so surprised I was unable to get a photo before it flew off. Still nice Memorial Day bird.

Susan M. Schneider, PhD
Climate activist, behavioral psychologist, and award-winning author of The Science of Consequences
http://www.scienceofconsequences.com - includes climate info

It's not too late.

k foley

That’s Fantastic! I would love to see that!

On May 31, 2021, at 2:54 PM, John Harris <johnh@...> wrote:

[...]

I never did get a MacGillivray’s warbler during the migration. Maybe I’ll get a straggler :)

I have had many Western Tanagers and a few Yellow Warblers but they are always welcome in my yard!