Goodby to Neowise

Pat Croft

Pat & I took 2 non birding friends out to the South Isenberg Preserve last night. According to experts to night is the last time the comet will be visible. We enjoyed it’s appearance about 9:30pm near the big dipper. We also enjoyed scoping out the crescent moon, the rings of saturn & the moons of Jupiter. A meteor lit up the night sky. BIRDS: 2 mourning doves of the way in. 1 great horned owl & mockingbird at South Preserve. Fun was had by our little group. There were quite few more who enjoyed the astronomical displays. Dave & Pat