Flood/Waverly Road

Pat Paternostro

All
I was joined by 8 others for a trip in eastern San Joaquin county along Flood and Waverly Roads.
The weather cooperated, with mostly cloudy skies and just a sprinkle or two.
Along Flood Road, highlights included:  A single Prairie Falcon, a flock of Horned Larks, 4 species of ducks in a small pond, 5 Loggerhead Shrikes and a flyover of Long-billed Curlew.
Along Waverly Road, the Ferruginous Hawks made their appearance.  We were treated with great views of 3 different birds.  Lastly, we were able to pick out 3 Tri-colored Blackbirds in a large flock of Brewers.
Overall a great trip!

David Coursey

Cheri Pillsbury, founder of this group, and a lover of the Flood/Waverly area, would be proud of you all.

with added typos!

David Coursey
209-740-7515

On Jan 26, 2020, at 3:57 PM, pjsierra95240 <broncos30@...> <BRONCOS30@...> wrote:

All
I was joined by 8 others for a trip in eastern San Joaquin county along Flood and Waverly Roads.
The weather cooperated, with mostly cloudy skies and just a sprinkle or two.
Along Flood Road, highlights included:  A single Prairie Falcon, a flock of Horned Larks, 4 species of ducks in a small pond, 5 Loggerhead Shrikes and a flyover of Long-billed Curlew.
Along Waverly Road, the Ferruginous Hawks made their appearance.  We were treated with great views of 3 different birds.  Lastly, we were able to pick out 3 Tri-colored Blackbirds in a large flock of Brewers.
Overall a great trip!

Pat Croft

My wife & I went out to Flood & Waverly Roads on January 1.  I saw a golden eagle among other species. Cherie Pillsbury introduced us to this area.  Dave & Pat Croft