eBird Report - Oak Grove Park (Ripon)--excluding city WTP, Feb 27, 2022 PLUS Tuesday’s birding destination

Jim Rowoth

All,

I had a very pleasant visit to Oak Grove (Ripon) yesterday morning, joined by three other birders. We didn’t gave anything particularly unusual, but the park is lush and green for now, and we had respectable bird activity. I’ve copied the eBird report below.

For tomorrow (Tuesday) I’m heading to White Slough Wildlife Area. For anyone interested in coming along, let’s meet in the Flag City McDonalds parking lot at 7:00 am. Expect to walk from 3-4 miles; bring water & snack. We should be done by noon, but that will depend on the birds.

Oak Grove Park (Ripon)--excluding city WTP, San Joaquin, California, US
Feb 27, 2022 8:10 AM - 10:40 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.441 mile(s)
Checklist Comments: Srini Raman, Liz West, Dan Lehman, Jim Rowoth. Started out clear, calm, and chilly; by the end it was getting warm.
43 species (+2 other taxa)

Canada Goose 30 Dog food plant pond
Wood Duck 3
Mallard 6 Dog food plant pond
Bufflehead 10 Dog food plant pond
Common Goldeneye 57 Dog food plant pond
Common Merganser 3
California Quail 1 Heard only
Eurasian Collared-Dove 1
Mourning Dove 9
Anna's Hummingbird 5
Spotted Sandpiper 1 Dog food plant pond
Greater Yellowlegs 1 Dog food plant pond
California Gull 1
gull sp. 9 Dog food plant pond
Double-crested Cormorant 4
Great Blue Heron 1 Dog food plant pond
Turkey Vulture 2
Red-shouldered Hawk 3
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Acorn Woodpecker 14
Downy Woodpecker 2
Nuttall's Woodpecker 6
Northern Flicker 2 Heard only
Northern Flicker (Red-shafted) 4 Seen well
American Kestrel 1
California Scrub-Jay 8
Oak Titmouse 10
Tree Swallow 18 Many over dog food plant pond
Bushtit 8
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 13
White-breasted Nuthatch (Pacific) 12 Nothing different about their vocalizations.
House Wren 1 Heard only
Bewick's Wren 1 Heard only
European Starling 12
Northern Mockingbird 2
Western Bluebird 5
House Finch 6
American Goldfinch 1
Golden-crowned Sparrow 2
Song Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
Spotted Towhee 10
Brewer's Blackbird 3
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's) 95 Nothing different about their vocalizations.

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S103842502