eBird Illustrated Checklist for San Joaquin Co

Jim Rowoth

Folks (as our Pres-Elect would say),

I was just looking at the Illustrated Checklist of birds for San Joaquin Co (https://ebird.org/region/US-CA-077/media?yr=all&m=), I found the following species do not have a photo attached.  Many of these are historical one-time records.  However, I am sure there are photographs of some of these birds out there.  Remember, eBird does not require that photos be “gallery quality”—as long as they show enough to ID the bird, that is sufficient.

Thus, I am requesting, if any of you out there have photos of any of these species, that you attach one (or more) photo(s) of these birds to your existing eBird report or that you submit a list in eBird showing that species in San Joaquin Co.  Remember, checklists can be either “complete” or “incomplete” as far as species composition is concerned, and that, in addition to Traveling and Stationary, you can submit an Incidental or Historical report.

Thanks in advance for your help in plugging some of these holes!

Jim Rowoth
eBird reviewer for San Joaquin Co.

Fulvous Whistling-Duck
Trumpeter Swan
Whooper Swan
Mandarin Duck
White-winged Scoter
Smew
Red-necked Grebe
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Black Swift
Chimney Swift
Costa’s Hummingbird
Black Rail
Demoiselle Crane
American Golden Plover
Snowy Plover
Mountain Plover
Black Turnstone
Stilt Sandpiper
Sanderling
Baird’s Sandpiper
White-winged Sandpiper
Wandering Tattler
Spotted Redshank
Parasitic Jaeger
Black-legged Kittiwake
Sabine’s Gull
Laughing Gull
Least Tern
Common Tern
Arctic Tern
Laysan Albatross
Leach’s Storm-Petrel
Neotropic Cormorant
Least Bittern
Northern Goshawk
Northern Pygmy-Owl
Short-eared Owl
Northern Saw-when Owl
Red-naped Sapsucker
Hairy Woodpecker
Eastern Wood-Pewee
Gray Flycatcher
Dusky Flycatcher
Eastern Phoebe
Vermilion Flycatcher
Tropical Kingbird
Bell’s Vireo
Plumbeous Vireo
Philadelphia Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Northern Shrike
Steller’s Jay
Purple Martin
Amierican Dipper
Gray Catbird
Bendire’s Thrasher
Red-throated Pipit
Cassin’s Finch
Lapland Longspur
McCown’s Longspur
Clay-colored Sparrow
Black-chinned Sparrow
Black-throated Sparrow
Lark Bunting
Harris’s Sparrow
Bell’s Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
Orchard Oriole
Baltimore Oriole
Rusty Blackbird
Northern Waterthrush
Lucy’s Warbler
Hooded Warbler
Cape May Warbler
Magnolia Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Prairie Warbler
Scarlet Tanager
Indigo Bunting
Painted Bunting

Jimmy Gain

Updated N. Saw-whet Owl record with image

https://ebird.org/checklist/S36313672

Jim Gain

Modesto