Black Crowned Night Herons in Lincoln Creek

tim@...

I've seen one or two black crowned night herons in Lincoln Creek just about every day, for much of the day, for the past couple of weeks. I assume they are a mating pair. Yesterday, I spotted a juvenile in an oak tree nearby. I've seen them from Alexandria Place, facing west on Lincoln Creek, across the street from Lincoln High School. Sometimes they move 50 yards or so the the west. The juvenile in a big oak tree on the north side of the creek, near Alexandria.
--Tim Miller and Beth Brampton