From: SJBirds@groups.io <SJBirds@groups.io> on behalf of k foley <kaseyfoley@...>
Sent: Friday, April 2, 2021 4:19:06 PM
To: SJBirds <sjbirds@groups.io>
Subject: [SJBirds] Birding today

Rich and I went to Mosher Creek trail today. Birding was light, probably because we were not in the right place (we were on the west side of Hwy 99 by the soccer fields but it appears there may be way better birding and habitat on the east side of Hwy 99) but we did see a large group of Cedar waxwings bathing in the creek, it was fun to watch. Also, several pairs of Northern mockingbird displaying courtship behavior.

Then this afternoon I had a Rufous hummingbird visit my garden that I noticed when I heard the very loud metallic zing of the wings. Incredibly beautiful bird. A few photos are on my eBird list eBird Checklist - 2 Apr 2021 - Kasey's Yard - 6 species

Good birding!

David Yee

I agree with Pat, beautiful photos! Wish I had a male Rufous in my yard! On the other hand I did have three singing male Nashville Warblers and four singing Bullock's Orioles this morning on private property near Lodi. It must be April in the Central Valley!

Best,
David Yee