Bear Creek/Pixley Creek bike trail

Kurt Mize

All:

I birded this bike trail in north Stockton for several hours yesterday. Highlights included a couple of Lark Sparrows, a Fox Sparrow, and a Red-breasted Nuthatch (all rarely encountered along the trail), the continuing breeding pair of Say’s Phoebes on Davis Rd. (one bird seen diving under the porch of the house where the nest was found two years ago), and six species of raptors (including a SOS Swainson’s Hawk). A large “wild” olive tree on Davis road with a big crop of tiny olives had an incredible concentration of Yellow-rumped Warblers, including a beautiful male Myrtle Warbler. Hope you all are making the most of this trying situation  and spending as much time outdoors as you can.

Good birding,
Kurt

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

All. Yes Pat & Iare taking advantage of birding to pass the time.  We saw our first 2 western king birds when we went out to Woodbridge Road (West).  Also lots of black bellied plovers & white faced ibis.  This was yesterday.
dave & Pat