Topics

Baxter Park today

Kurt Mize

All:

Nothing was going on at Laughlin Park in north Stockton this morning, so I thought I’d check out Baxter Park. I’m glad I did. There was a small fallout of Neotropical migrants, including a Willow Flycatcher, a Cassin’s Vireo, two Warbling Vireos, two Yellow Warblers (a bright male and a drab female), and two Wilson’s Warblers. Although this is a relatively young park (~30 years) they had the foresight to plant a good number of Valley Oaks, which are getting to be good sized trees. With the oaks and its proximity to Pixley Creek, I expect this park to be a good spot to bird going forward.

Good birding,
Kurt

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

I give, where is Baxter Park? I’ve never heard of it.

Thanks, Kasey