Topics

Baxter Park today

Kurt Mize

All:

Nothing was going on at Laughlin Park in north Stockton this morning, so I thought I’d check out Baxter Park. I’m glad I did. There was a small fallout of Neotropical migrants, including a Willow Flycatcher, a Cassin’s Vireo, two Warbling Vireos, two Yellow Warblers (a bright male and a drab female), and two Wilson’s Warblers. Although this is a relatively young park (~30 years) they had the foresight to plant a good number of Valley Oaks, which are getting to be good sized trees. With the oaks and its proximity to Pixley Creek, I expect this park to be a good spot to bird going forward. 

Good birding,
Kurt

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com

k foley

I give, where is Baxter Park? I’ve never heard of it.

Thanks, Kasey

On Sep 16, 2020, at 3:59 PM, Kurt Mize via groups.io <k1mize@...> wrote:

All:

Nothing was going on at Laughlin Park in north Stockton this morning, so I thought I’d check out Baxter Park. I’m glad I did. There was a small fallout of Neotropical migrants, including a Willow Flycatcher, a Cassin’s Vireo, two Warbling Vireos, two Yellow Warblers (a bright male and a drab female), and two Wilson’s Warblers. Although this is a relatively young park (~30 years) they had the foresight to plant a good number of Valley Oaks, which are getting to be good sized trees. With the oaks and its proximity to Pixley Creek, I expect this park to be a good spot to bird going forward. 

Good birding,
Kurt

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com

--
Kasey Foley
Stockton, CA